Monday, February 2, 2009

My Educational Technology Philosophy

For me technology should be used as a means of enhancing our student’s education not used as a way to solely educate them. Although technology is a very big part of our student’s lives in this day and time, I feel that there are things that are of importance that they still need to learn that one might call “Old School”. As teachers we can use technology as a tool to enhance the old school learning to beef it up so to speak, but not totally replace it.
Students in this day and time are growing up in a technology world. They have things that we as kids never even dreamed of, and their minds seem to think different or process things different that what ours did. We as educators need to take this in to consideration when we are teaching. To them they learn by games and fun so make education fun. But as I said before there are still some things that are old school that we need to teach and don’t need to get away from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I live in Rockwall, Tx. and have been teaching Physical Education for 15 years. I have taught in Mesquite for the last 9 years. I decided that I would get my Masters in Library Science so here I am going in a totaly different direction in my life. I have a daughter who is 12 going on 22, but who is the love of my life. She plays select soccer in Dallas and I spend all of my time carting her all over creation to games, practice and tournaments. My time is her "social life". Before soccer she showed horses and we were on the road to horse shows. She was very good at that as well, but had to make a choice between the two when she went select and so she chose soccer. Besides my daughter I have 5 dogs, 2 cats and 2 horses that I share my life with.