Sunday, May 3, 2009

Review of Our Class

I have enjoyed this course very much. I did not enjoy the drive from Dallas, but once I got to class it was great. The different technologies that we learned and used were very useful to me and to where I am headed in the future. Some of the technologies that we studied, I have used in the past, but we seemed to find something different about each one that I did not know. Learning how to add a link to a power point presentation was one thing that I did not know how to do. I had used movie maker, but adding music to it is one thing that I had not done. Learning how to formulate cells in Excel is another thing that I had not done before this class. This course has been great for me and I just have to continue to use the skills that I have learned.

My biggest AHA has to be the blog that we set up. Blogging is one thing that I had never done. I enjoyed setting up my blog and playing with it. I fee that it is a way to communicate with others and it depends on how you want to use it depends on what it is worth. Some use it as a social communication, but as we have used it, it is educational. I can see this being used in a classroom to communicate between classes or even between other students in other states. I can see it being used in a library setting, to talk about books that are being read in the library. Would I keep using my blog, yes I will use a blog when I become a librarian for sure.

Thanks to all my classmates and Dr. Mac. it as been fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I live in Rockwall, Tx. and have been teaching Physical Education for 15 years. I have taught in Mesquite for the last 9 years. I decided that I would get my Masters in Library Science so here I am going in a totaly different direction in my life. I have a daughter who is 12 going on 22, but who is the love of my life. She plays select soccer in Dallas and I spend all of my time carting her all over creation to games, practice and tournaments. My time is her "social life". Before soccer she showed horses and we were on the road to horse shows. She was very good at that as well, but had to make a choice between the two when she went select and so she chose soccer. Besides my daughter I have 5 dogs, 2 cats and 2 horses that I share my life with.